Analyst - Water Resource
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Title: Water Analyst
Location: Harwell / London / Manchester / Bristol / Sheffield / flexible
Who we are:
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our reputation in the water, agriculture and planning sectors has seen significant growth in our Water and Agricultural teams’ work to support clients in understanding the challenges and solutions to nutrient management across England and Wales. As such we have a strong technical understanding of how ecology, physical conditions, water quality, land use and infrastructure interface and lead to exceedances of environmental quality standards and as a result challenges for regulation, development and compliance across a range of sectors.
Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive water and environmental projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, central and local government, water companies, developers, infrastructure operators and other commercial organisations.
In a world of increasing risk from water scarcity, pollution, flooding and drought our clients receive robust, holistic and resilient water solutions thanks to our consultancy’s technical expertise and practical experience across all aspects of sustainable water and environmental management.
We are therefore seeking to appoint an Analyst to support our growing Water Team.
- Candidates will be expected to show how actions to improve environmental management can support regulatory environmental compliance related to water and aquatic habitat and species regulations.
- Depending on your experience mentoring more junior staff and leading projects would be expected in your portfolio of work or demonstrating the willingness to grow into this role.
Key competencies and experience:
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- An environmentally based subject degree (ideally with a postgraduate qualification) that includes water quality.
- A strong technical understanding of the key environmental issues such as; hydrology, land use and soil conditions.
- An understanding of relevant UK Water and Agricultural Policy and legislation, including the Habitats Regulations and Water Framework Directive.
- Working knowledge of hydrology and the linkages between land use, soils, hydrology and water quality.
- Consultancy experience in this area (with experience of the links between the agriculture and water sectors).
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues and clients.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to assess a range of complex datasets.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to manage you own portfolio of work in a busy environment and work to tight deadlines.
- A clean full driving licence.
Depending on your experience demonstrating the following would be valuable:
- Ability to contribute to technical submissions that support HRAs.
- An ambition to develop new business.
- A desire to manage client relationships.
- An aptitude for small- to medium-sized project management.
- Mentoring more junior staff
- Line management.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
We have an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.