Project Engineer - Canada
- Role type
Position Title: Project Engineer
Location: Toronto, Canada
Due to continued growth, Ricardo Rail are looking to strengthen their team to support the delivery of existing and new projects in Canada. The candidate would ideally be residing in/near Toronto, however we will support relocation. A competitive salary is on offer.
We are seeking to recruit a Project Engineer to direct and lead on all engineering activities within a major multifunctional project or a portfolio of projects. To manage the delivery of engineering products throughout the project lifecycle, providing assurance that it complies with the requirements of the relevant standards and regulatory obligations, and is ultimately capable of acceptance back onto the network safely and on time.
Develop and manage processes to deliver, monitor and review the multi-functional engineering outputs to support the project(s) schedule, budget, safety, environmental and quality requirements;
Ensure compliance with legislation, Railway standards and establish remedial action if any non-compliance is identified;
Manage the introduction of new or amended system architectures including the attainment all necessary approvals prior to Entry Into Service;
Develop and monitor project processes for design and construction activities to deliver an integrated system architecture able to achieve whole life reliability, maintainability, operability and cost effectiveness targets;
Manage a project engineering assurance regime to confirm whether safety, environmental and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
Undertake the role of Designated Project Engineer as defined by customer
Skills & Expertise
- Need to be, or have been a DPE on an Network Rail, or Third party UK project, or performed similar role on another major project elsewhere.
- Degree or equivalent technical qualification, with experience in a relevant engineering discipline
- A strong appreciation of working in a consultancy environment including the need for flexibility and client-satisfaction. This includes understanding client needs and issues, developing requirements and solutions, managing client expectations and delivering high quality outputs. Your experience does not need to be within a consultancy environment.
- Good communication skills, including the capability to engage positively with clients and colleagues as part of a consultancy project team, and to influence decision-makers. This includes the ability to present technical information to customers in clear, complete, concise and non-ambiguous terms.
- Strong report writing skills, including an ability to tailor your style to meet client requirements and deliver high quality reports with clear objectives and conclusions.
- Ability to deliver on a range of projects to time and budget
Ricardo Group is a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specialises in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors. We are members of a community of around 2,900 engineers, consultants and scientists providing strategic, technical and niche manufacturing services for a range of sectors including passenger car, motorsport, rail, clean energy and power generation.
Through our multi-industry knowledge and deep technical expertise, we are uniquely positioned to handle our clients’ toughest strategic and operational challenges. In addition to our core technical engineering consultancy services, we support our clients with strategy development, cost reduction, safety management, regulatory compliance and environmental impact assessments.
As part of the wider Ricardo family, the Rail Division provides world-class expertise in critical and complex railway systems. We operate across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australasia, employing over 600 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects. Together we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world’s largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success. Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Ricardo strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can ALL be ourselves. We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.