Head of Communication Programmes
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking a dedicated Head of Marketing and Communications to lead on supporting and growing the communications work we deliver on behalf of our customers. You will be responsible for overseeing and hands-on delivering of a range of communications work on behalf of our customers, from developing multi-year communication strategies, through to the tactical implementation of communication activities. You will be supported by a team of communication’s specialists who will also be supporting the tactical implementation of the communications activities with you. Through the delivery of multiple programmes, you will help to identify synergies and best practice that can be implemented to deliver performance improvements.
In addition, you will also be responsible for developing detailed bids and proposals to win further communications projects (with new and existing customers). You will work alongside technical consultants and our bid team to deliver this work to set timeframes.
As part of the Communications and Engagement team, you’ll find support and mentoring from within the team. This role will report into Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Marketing and Communications Director
You will work on supporting a wide range of marketing activities and work closely with stakeholders across the NCEC team. Effective communication, time management and planning will be important for this role. Key accountabilities include:
- To work with the Marketing and Communications Director to define the long-term vision and strategy for Ricardo’s delivery of communication’s programmes and customer engagement
- To provide key insights on programme delivery and performance through management reports
- To own the communication’s component of bids and proposals
- To review (on an ongoing basis) the processes and tools to enable efficient and cost-effective delivery of communications activities within / across the programmes being managed
- To review competitor delivery approaches and identify opportunities for innovation in our approach to programme delivery
- Team leadership for communications specialists focused on customer programmes
- To provide hands-on delivery of relevant communications activities for programmes e.g. communication strategy development and training and upskilling of customers.
We will provide you with training in the systems we use.
- Highly organised– you understand the importance of providing stakeholders with visibility of the communications activities being delivered
- Experienced in leading teams – you are comfortable leading an experienced team of communications experts and providing coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you are comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders (irrespective of level of the organisation)
- Effective copy-writing capabilities – you can develop concise and compelling written content that reader benefit orientated.
- Solid understanding of marketing analytics and reporting – you enjoy understanding the outcome and impact of what you do and know how to clearly communicate it to others
- A proactive and engaged member of the communications team – you enjoy being part of a team and value building close relationship with team members
Skills and behaviours
- Organisational, communication and time management skills are key
- Positive attitude
- Good use of English, written and verbal
This is an opportunity to join a supportive and socialable team of marketing and communications experts who are truly passionate about what the work they do. We will support your on-going career development and provide you with opportunities to gain experience on interesting and meaningful international climate change projects.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusive approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.