- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support our Department of Defense (DoD) customer at their Warren, MI location.
This Systems Engineer will work directly with customers to support both fielded combat vehicle systems and modification/upgrade programs. This Systems Engineer will perform analysis of system requirements, assessments of technology and manufacturing readiness and help the entire team keep technology moving through the Army system.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo offices and customer locations required.
This position will be remote to start but will require regular visits to our customer location. This position may transition into a full-time role at our customers location in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop engineering objectives, perform analyses and engineering trade studies
- Assist the Government with analysis of engineering requirements, system architectures and designs, test plans, prototypes, etc. throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Develop materials related to the preparation and conduct of engineering technical reviews, such as a System Requirements Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, and Test Readiness Review.
- Support key technology areas to be integrated into future modernization efforts that will focus on target acquisition (i.e., sensor and targeting algorithm), survivability (e.g., detection avoidance), energy management efficiency (e.g., engine and transmission), and weight reduction (e.g., materials and structures)
- Support management of the project’s technical work and coordinate project activities with customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university in engineering or another relevant field
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Ten plus years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Experience with DoD terminology, missions, and ground vehicles, preferably with the US Army
- Experience with Product Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge the requirements management process and Requirements Management tools (Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw, DOORS, etc.)
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- System design, requirements management and architecture modeling experience required.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.