Software Project Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Software Project Manager in our Goleta, CA facility to manage the execution of software development and sustainment projects associated with DoD Logistics products. This is a strategic position within Ricardo Defense’s expansion of software engineering services for the DoD.
The Software Project Manager will manage teams of technical professionals engaged in software product development and sustainment. This Software Project Manager will frequently engage with executive level customer leadership in strategic briefings, planning and negotiations. This Software Project Manager will have ultimate responsibility for customer satisfaction and software quality. This Software Project Manager will work closely with our customers to define project requirements. Additional responsibilities include the development of detailed project estimates and plans for execution; coordination of staff assignments; monitoring and reporting status to customers and internal management. This position will require travel to customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and suppliers when developing and executing new business
- Perform presentations and product demonstrations for executive level customers and their customers
- Create strategic and implementation plans for program and product sales growth
- Software architecture and enterprise software integration experience using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, and Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Develop project schedule to align with sprint plans and staffing resource requirements
- Experience working within Agile software development team
- Experience with data architectures, database design, and data integration using entity relationship modeling, schema mapping tools, analytics schemas (e.g. star, cubes), and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to support domestic travel and occasional international travel
- Experience working with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NASA, USAF, USMC, or other United States Department of Defense (DoD) organizations is a plus
- Must be able to obtain a US government Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Seven years of professional experience including a minimum of five years of experience in Software Project Management
- PMP and/or SAFe certifications are a plus
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.