- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol, Manchester
- Closing Date
At Ricardo, we tackle some of the world’s toughest environmental challenges. We work on monitoring and improving air quality in cities, guiding decisions about energy generation and use, helping governments with climate change and resource efficiency, developing policies about transport and water resources, and offering emergency response services for chemical emergencies.
We deliver consultancy and a wide range of data management systems, software tools and websites to customers around the world. Our growing team of digital professionals include software developers, DevOps, sysadmins, DBAs and QA engineers, working on a growing portfolio of ~100 live codebases, typically with 10-15 in development to deliver world-class, user-centred services that help our government and private sector clients transform the way they deliver services, increasing their efficiency, making systems simpler, faster and easier to use.
Ricardo Digital Services seeks a proactive and talented UX / Interaction designer to join us to work on an exciting portfolio of digital projects alongside a committed group of digital professionals working in user research, accessibility, UX/UI design, service design, planning and performance. You'll be working in a multidisciplinary agile team to deliver a world-class, user-centred service in a truly collaborative environment.
You will design and lead on public web services that are accessible to everyone. The existing team consists of front end developers, designers and contract UX resources. The specialist will be expected to be embedded into our Digital Services team who work closely with our environmental specialist colleagues across the business.
- Extensive experience within UX design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your UX design experience across digital services and products
- Professional experience with end to end UX project design
- A clear understanding of the design process, with a demonstrable ability to craft intuitive user experiences based on user research and organisational outcomes
- Experience running design workshops, creating persona's, user journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Professional experience in a UX/UI-focused role with experience using prototyping tools e.g Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Miro
- An up-to-date portfolio of project work
- Extensive interaction design consultancy experience.
- Participate in and help facilitate collaborative design activities
- Take part in user research, synthesise and share learnings with the wider team
- Produce design artefact's like persona's, journey maps or service blueprints
- Understand the role of information architecture and work with the digital team to make our solutions inclusive and simple to use
- Prototype products and features within the service and test them with users and stakeholder
- Managing delivery of design work, working directly with the client.
- Working on bids, pitches and client presentations
- Collaborate in UX research
- Working with user researchers to guide user research
- Working collaboratively with internal project teams
- a degree gained within computing/ IT discipline is preferred but not essential.
- a diploma or further studies within the discipline would be an advantage but not essential.
- we would like to see experience gained within a similar role and/or industry, consultancy.
- Our 'ideal' candidate will have previous experience of working to Government Digital Services guidelines (GDS) as we deliver a large number of digital projects for local and national Government bodies.
- Experience working on GDS projects using GDS design prototype kit is preferred but not essential
- Experience participating in GDS assessments is preferred but not essential
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme, alongside an extensive benefits package detailed here.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO (https://ricardo.com/DEI).
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
We look forward to reading about your interest and suitability for our role!