Chassis Systems Engineer
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Coordinates technical activities of engineers on assigned team. Understands and guides team to work within project constraints including budget, scope and timing to deliver engineering work according to client, Ricardo and regulatory standards. Interacts regularly with Engineering Operations Management, Chief Engineers and Program Managers.
- Responsible for leading engineering integration of chassis systems (including suspension, steering, brakes and structures) for on and off highway applications
- Develop and define prototype and production phase chassis system solutions
- Develop and improve generic core engineering documents for chassis systems
- Engineering Specifications (ES)
- Design Requirements and Guides
- P-Diagram & Boundary Diagram
- DFMEA & DVPR
- Define program specific chassis system performance targets that are compatible with program assumptions, vehicle performance targets, and design requirements.
- Identify gaps and deficiencies in chassis system’s architecture and geometry in meeting program’s hardware content assumptions, performance targets, durability, package, and vehicle specifications
- Lead the development of chassis systems package analysis.
- Develop and improve chassis systems target setting/assessment, modeling, and analysis process and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 or more years engineering design and development experience
- Experience with prototype & production intent design of suspension, steering, brakes and chassis structures systems
- ADAMS experience
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of PLM systems (Windchill is preferred)
- Experience in structural development and validation