Information Security Specialist
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an Information Security Specialist in our Goleta, CA facility to assess cybersecurity posture and provide analysis and design support in achieving CMMC Level 3 accreditation.
This Information Security Specialist implements, tests, maintains, monitors and reports on the organization's Information Security and IT Compliance to protect the organizations assets and maintain regulatory compliance of the information technology areas.
The Information Security Specialist will collaborate with the IT Manager and Systems Engineers to ensure compliance and robust application of security technologies, strategies, and policies. They will assist with the implementation of business systems to ensure high security standards. They understand and drive results toward strategic business objectives.
Applicants must also be able to review security related standard operating procedures and instructions and recommend updates to corporate processes. The Information Security Specialist will work with the IT department to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to minimize corporate vulnerability and ensure that security requirements are met. Expect the cybersecurity specialist to keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity issues, technologies and approaches.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with vendors and subject matter experts. Some travel between RDI offices may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the organization is in compliance with NIST 800-171 and emerging CMMC Level 3 requirements.
- Defines security controls needed to achieve compliance with organizational requirements
- Develops and maintains IT security documentation, procedures, technical guidance, etc.
- Subject matter expert for all information security-related questions using established information security tools and procedures
- Participates in exercises and directs audits that test IT policies, procedures and skills.
- Assist with remediation effort, fixing all deficiencies found during incident analysis, audits and tests
- Designs and implements monitoring capabilities to identify security vulnerabilities
- Investigates all information security issues/incidents using software and vendor security systems
- Analyzes the existing security systems and makes recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Oversees the entire IT infrastructure and provides real time threat prevention.
- Communicates the system status and keeps users informed of downtime or changes made to the system.
- Experience working with security architecture, design and implementation
- Experience developing System Security Plans (SSP)
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and/or CAP (Certified Authorization Professional) certification
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) if required
- Experience with cybersecurity for information systems
- Five plus years of relevant cybersecurity engineering experience
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.