Analyst - Strategic Growth & Development
- Role type
- Glasgow, London, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Analyst Consultant - Strategic Growth and Development
Location: Glasgow, Shoreham, Manchester, London, Harwell ( Didcot)
Salary: £25-28,000 + benefits
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our clients include government’s, finance institutions, businesses and NGOs. All have an increasing need for insights on the solutions that are needed to tackle dangerous climate change.
Our Strategic Growth & Development (SGD) team identifies and then develops new areas of business that have high potential for future growth. Areas of recent activity include: hydrogen, biomass & carbon capture, technology innovation and services to support project implementation. The SGD team works closely with directors and senior managers across Ricardo and with senior contacts in clients and partner organisations. The markets and solutions that we review, assess and develop cover the UK, Europe, the Americas, Asia & Australia.
The SGD team is looking for a recent master’s graduate to support new growth initiatives. This role will provide accelerated learning across a range of energy & environmental solutions in a range of markets as well as insights into business and commercial issues.
This role will report to the Director of Strategic Growth & Development who will provide mentoring and guidance. This role is supporting a small team which is driving new ideas to grow our business. It will include a range of tasks which span business development and business delivery. Some tasks will be quick turnaround, other tasks will require deeper research.
Activities will include:
- Gathering data - on markets, technology, competitors etc.
- Review and analysis of disparate sources of information to draw out key trends and potential options for growt
- Preparing reports and presentations - for internal and external us
- Supporting preparation of key bids: for client funded work and innovation fundin
- Attending key client meetings and supporting follow up action
- Supporting marketing and sales initiatives through development of case studies, client presentations, press releases etc
- Analysis of market data
- Assessment of new markets
- Understanding competitors and their propositions
- Production of briefings, market data & presentations
- Supporting development of new market propositions
- Supporting development of major business proposals
MSc and first degree in an energy, environmental or economics related topics, along with project or dissertation work that combines technical and economic issues.
- Educated to Master’s degree level: Studies could be engineering, science or environmental topics.
- Ability to review a wide range of data (quantified & qualitative) and draw out key insights
- Able to produce concise reports and presentations to brief senior management
- Experience of consulting colleagues and external stakeholders to gather insights using these to draw out conclusions
- A passion for making change in the energy sector
- Experience in a consultancy or in a customer facing commercial setting.
- Understanding, or work experience, that covers business and commercial issues
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.