- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Operations Manager to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Manage and conduct the preparation of rail operational planning documents
- Develop operations concepts for major rail projects,
- Provide strategic advice, input and management to successfully plan, budget and manage rail operations on a driverless network, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support the development of Operational Requirements, to achieve safety, operability, timetable performance and customer experience outcomes
- Support the Project Operating Plan, System Requirements Specification and Technical Solution development
- Provide operational advice and inputs to support the procurement process including review of contract documents such as Project Scope and Technical Requirements
- Provide operation readiness inputs such as Operational Readiness Plan, Test & Commissioning Strategy, Trial Running and Trial Operations Strategy
- Develop the Rail Operating Strategy and ensure documents are effectively managed and maintained
- Develop Trial Running and Trial Operations Strategy and Plan
- Influence corridor and rail system design and functionality
- Manage operational issues and constraints, providing expert advice to identify and manage risk
- Support the development and implementation of service modelling
- Development of operations staffing estimates
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, rail operations or related discipline
- 10 + years’ experience in the rail industry, preferably including operations management and planning
- Past exposure on driver-less networks
- Previous experience in senior management within the rail industry
- Thorough understanding of rail operations including system interfaces and risks
- Driven and results orientated
- A team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Engages effectively with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to develop strong relationships
- Can effectively prioritise and deliver results under pressure
- Able to adapt to change and use initiative
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/