- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo’s Energy & Environment division is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong policy, strategy, evidence and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering organisations with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced individual to join the Communications and Engagement Team as a Communications Executive dedicated to delivery communications activities on behalf of our customers.
From day one, you’ll be part of a team supporting environmental consultants in delivering communications and engagement projects to support some of the company’s largest customers. To be successful in the role you will have strong communications and/or marketing capability, and be particularly proficient in writing for an external audience and demonstrably experience in impactful social media engagement.
As part of the Communications and Engagement team, you’ll find support and mentoring from within the team. You will manage your time across several projects, contributing in all phases - from helping to deliver communication strategies and plans, to delivering integrated campaigns and content for digital and traditional channels.
- Manage and implement an effective social media programme on behalf of our customers.
- Draft and edit copy for digital channels, such as for use on websites, in social media, for brochures and creating news.
- Create communications campaigns to attract (and retain) website visitors, registrations and support in building a network of interested / engaged stakeholders
- To maintain websites - including copy writing and page development
- Liaise with a wide range of external stakeholders including customer marketing contacts, senior management of customers and third-party companies, elected officials and members of NGOs.
- Enthusiastic and flexible – you are passionate about communications work in all forms
- Good attention to detail – you take pride in the high-quality of your work you deliver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you are comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders (irrespective of level of the organisation)
- Solid understanding of marketing analytics and reporting – you enjoy understanding the outcome and impact of what you do and know how to clearly communicate it to others
- A proactive and engaged member of the communications team – you enjoy being part of a team and value building close relationship with team members
- In depth understanding of how social media is best used and demonstrable experience of having an impact with the channel – you are confident and experience with social media, knowing how to get the most from it
- Effective writing capability that engages audiences – you like to get under the skin of people’s drivers to create compelling writing
- Strong computer / software literacy – you are proficient using a wide range of core general (e.g. Office) and marketing specific (e.g. email automation and CMS) programmes and feel comfortable learning new ones
This is an opportunity to join a supportive and socialable team of marketing and communications experts who are truly passionate about what the work they do. We will support your on-going career development and provide you with opportunities to gain experience on interesting and meaningful international climate change projects.
We are an equal opportunities employer.