Digital Events Administrator
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
- Closing Date
Ricardo’s Energy & Environment division is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong policy, strategy, evidence and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering organisations with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a rewarding environment in which to work.
The marketing and communications team is key to supporting the delivery of climate change projects and growing the business in conjunction with the wider business development team. An important activity within the marketing and communications team is the coordination and delivery of events.
The Digital Events Coordinator will work with our Events Manager to ensure the company is successful in the delivery of engaging digital events that enable us to exceed customers’ expectations and that contribute to the growth of the organisation.
Digital events are a key part of our event programme and include regular webinars, online stakeholder workshops, and virtual conferences. These digital events will vary in size and time and often include audiences and speakers joining from around the world. There is also a less frequent programme of physical events that includes conferences, workshops, seminars, and training packages. The role will involve assisting on these, as required.
As another key aspect of our business development, our personnel regularly participate in external events and we are always looking for suitable speaking or exhibition opportunities at events around the world. The role will provide administrative support in securing bookings, liaising with organisers, processing payments and helping with logistics.
We will provide you with training in the systems we use, and you will work closely with experienced senior marketing professionals and consultants from across the business.
You will work on supporting a wide range of activities, such as arranging and attending rehearsals, maintaining calendars and schedules, communicating with delegates and managing speakers, provision of guidance sheets and concise instructions, ensuring adherence to best-practice processes, and supporting on the event delivery. Effective communication, time management and planning will be important for this role. A creative approach to enhancing attendee experience through engagement and interactivity will also be strongly encouraged.
Each event will be different, but key activities would include:
- Respond to incoming enquiries and booking requests in an efficient and professional manner.
- Attend client calls where event setup is discussed and take notes to action changes.
- Selection of the most suitable virtual platform from the accounts we hold. Online set-up of the event, including registration and website landing page (basic CMS, no programming required).
- Communicating with event delegates and speakers.
- Compiling resources, handouts, and other collateral.
- Scheduling and managing rehearsals and training sessions ahead of the event.
- Supporting with improvement of presentations (consistency, layout and brand alignment).
- Provide full support during live event delivery; cueing, content changes and triggering interaction points e.g. polls, as well as handling enquiries from attendees.
- Compile analytics to produce post-event reports and perform basic video editing.
- Ensure content related to events on the website is kept up to date
Key competencies and experience
- Highly organised – you understand the importance of events being effectively planned and the need to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail – you take pride in the high-quality of the work you deliver.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you are comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders (irrespective of level within the organisation).
- A basic awareness of marketing analytics and reporting – and why they are important for our understanding of the impact of what we do.
- An interest in digital tools and solutions – you are excited by the ever-growing toolkit of online solutions supporting digital engagement and communications.
- A proactive and engaged member of the communications team – you enjoy being part of a team and value building close relationships with team members
Skills and behaviours
- Organisational, communication and time management skills are a key element.
- Positive attitude.
- Good use of English, written and verbal.
- Someone who is digitally savvy.
- Prior knowledge of virtual event platforms would be preferable but full training will be given.
If you have a passion and enthusiasm for online events, this is an opportunity to join a supportive and sociable team of marketing and communications experts who are truly passionate about what the work they do. We will support your on-going career and personal development and provide you with opportunities to gain experience and training.
The role can be successfully delivered remotely or from any of Ricardo’s offices so applicants from across the UK are welcome. Periodic travel to the main office in Oxfordshire will be required.