Product Marketing Manager
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Title: Product Marketing Manager
Salary range: £45,000 - £55,000
Location: Flexible (Harwell (Oxfordshire), London, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The key objective of this role is to develop the customer facing offering for our core services based on market and competitor activity and feedback and ensuring the sales and marketing team have the information, context and detail needed to excel and exceed in their roles. The overall outcome is to continue to develop our key message and to provide customers with market leading products and services that manage their wider risk and compliance challenges. You will be responsible for:
- Developing, improving and creating go to market approaches and value propositions in line with business strategies across all existing and new product offerings, working with the delivery team who will implement internally.
- This will include identification of new product and consultancy offerings and collaborating with the delivery teams to bring these to market. Activities will include compiling market needs from the sales team, working with the delivery team on the technical drivers and limitations, researching the market, creating and identifying thought leadership and outreach opportunities, defining and setting pricing policy, creating internal and external collateral, responsibility to maintaining the accuracy of customer facing templates (e.g. proposals), etc. and effectively being the interface between sales, marketing and technical delivery.
- This role will assist the business development team by directly reporting to the sales and Client Director. There will be dotted line responsibility to those responsible for delivering the products and services, and the expectation of close liaison with the marketing team. This is a new role, with the responsibility currently split between the delivery teams, marketing and sales leads. Therefore, we are open to review and discuss specific elements of the accountabilities based on experience of success in similar roles.
Ricardo is looking to evolve the role around the specific capabilities and experiences of candidates. The key accountabilities envisioned for this role include:
- Gathering market, customer and competitor insights to inform and build product messaging, differentiators and outreach topics.
- Working with the delivery team to understand regulatory requirements, product capabilities and customer drivers to identify growth opportunities and strategies, and to develop the commercial proposition of these (alongside the delivery team who will deliver the solution, service or technical offering).
- Responsible for creating delivery perspective of all client-side material, for marketing, sales and customer resources (e.g. white papers, proposals, user guides) – create a complete suite of client-side material, and being the ‘technical’ liaison for marketing activity, working with relevant stakeholders to create content, etc.
- Responsible for pricing strategy, pricing and discounting guidelines (and the corresponding pricing calculators) for the business areas.
- Working closely with marketing to run a combined marketing calendar based on the needs of the market and representing both parts equally to ensure business objectives are met.
- Support the development of ‘non-standard’ offering with the sales and delivery teams, and productise these where further opportunities exist
- Customer (and market) surveying, segmenting and profiling for greater customer and market insights with input into growth strategy and direction.
- Support to bidding and specific customer opportunities where required.
Key competencies and experience:
- You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria:
- Experience working in a similar role with evidence of the contribution and growth of product range, or business, attributable to your activity.
- Experience across the entire product life cycle through to iterative improvements to progress and develop the commercial offering.
- Commercial mindset, able to articulate the business value and growth that you have been accountable for.
- Customer and growth focus – you have a solid understanding of how to develop a growth funnel and identify new growth opportunities.
- Making decisions and providing direction – without losing sight of the main objective
- Communicating clearly and logically – you are comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders as challenges arise.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
message by our CEO.