Consultant - Rolling Stock Independent Assurance
- Role type
- Derby, York
Position Title: Consultant – Rolling Stock Independent Assurance
Department: Ricardo Certification UK
Location: York or Derby
Due to continued growth, Ricardo Certification are looking to strengthen its rolling stock expertise to support the delivery of existing and new projects. The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Consultant to support the delivery of our rolling stock projects from our York or Derby Offices.
As a consultant you will undertake Independent Assurance work and will be required to review and assess compliance with standards such as EC Directives, NTSNs (TSIs), Railway Group Standards and other related standards, of which a working knowledge is desirable.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To bid, win and deliver projects.
- Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
- Deliver, as part of a team, specific work packages to a high level of quality, on time and to budget.
- Manage small to medium sized projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Director when required.
- Manage and deliver proposals, identifying potential risks, devising the approach, specifying clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs.
- Take the commercial lead for projects and proposals.
Create and maintain a competence record on the competency management system.
The role will also be required to support the wider business needs such as the development of vehicle safety cases and engineering consulting.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Engineering Degree qualified, or equivalent industry experience.
- Chartered Engineer through a relevant engineering institution (IMechE/ IET) or working to achieve.
- Experience in providing consultancy in the field of passenger / freight rolling stock or On Track Machines / Plant.
- A working knowledge of relevant standards.
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages.
- Good knowledge of UK rail industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required.
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia where we employ c500 consultants working on rolling stock, infrastructure and independent assurance projects.
Our UK Rail business employs c120 consultants in offices in London, Preston, York, Bristol and Derby, which is our head office.
We provide Consultancy and Certification services across rail infrastructure and rolling stock projects to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Ricardo Rail strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can ALL be ourselves. We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff.
- Circa £45,000 depending on experience,
- 25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
- Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Access to Perkbox
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to private GP services
- LinkedIn Learning
- Ability to purchase flexible benefits such as dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, medical cash plan, computer lease scheme, lease car etc.