Environmental Assessments Project Manager (Water and Ecology)
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Title: Environmental Assessments Project Manager (Water and Ecology)
Location: Harwell / London / Manchester/ Bristol / flexible
Salary: £35,000 – £55,000
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our positive reputation in the Water Industry, planning sectors and airports has seen our Water Team win a large number of environment-related frameworks for water companies across England and Wales. Therefore, we are seeking to appoint an Environmental Specialist with a strong technical background and ability to drive projects forward.
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Consultant who has a strong understanding of the links between Hydrology, Ecology and Water Management and a strong understanding of the UK water industry and regulation. Ideally a strong understanding of environmental assessment would be beneficial (e.g. SEA, HRA, WFD, Natural Capital and/EIA).
- You will need to demonstrate that you have the ability to lead technically complex water related projects including for example those related to water resource management and drought planning ensuring that outputs are environmentally sound. You will be a technical and project management lead on a portfolio or projects including management of both resources, budgets, clients’ needs and timelines.
- You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of expertise (e.g. water resources, hydro-ecology, ground and surface water hydrology, geomorphology, water quality, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, natural capital, environmental impact assessment and planning and environmental modellers as few examples).
- Critical to the role is the understanding between the various environmental strands and linkages to support our work on answering complex environmental questions together with strong technical project management skills. You will also have an ambition to help drive our business forward through winning new work including ideas for new business areas.
- You will demonstrate you can work effectively with water companies, regulators, planners, developers, design engineers and contractors to achieve positive outcomes for water resources and scheme developments together with a diverse but very dedicated team.
Key competencies and experience:
- Strong technical understanding of the key environmental linkages that lead to effective environmental management and project delivery
- Demonstrable capabilities of leading regulatory projects and technical direction
- An understanding of water company regulatory deadlines
- Consultancy experience and/or worked directly with UK water companies or planners and engineers in the water and wider environmental sectors
- Environmentally based subject degree (ideally with a post graduate qualification)
- An understanding of UK Water Policy and legislation
- You will need to have a clean full driving licence.
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working and communication skills, plus the ability to manage and prioritise your workload and that of others.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, including keeping both clients and internal project staff up to date with progress, programme changes and tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage tight project deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and support the technical input into bids
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
message by our CEO.