Net Zero - Business Development Manager
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Permanent, Full time, Part time
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Role Title: Business Development Manager: Net Zero
Salary £44,000 - £60,000
Location: Harwell / London / Manchester/ Bristol / flexible
Ricardo Energy & Environment (REE) is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The role sits within our ‘sustainability’ business unit, a core area for our future growth. We have wider capability in waste, low carbon transport, air quality, EIA and more across the business unit, making it possible for us to offer broad services to our clients. It is an exciting opportunity for a business development manager who understands the impact net zero is having on the market and can work with clients to develop new opportunities.
You will be responsible for supporting the development of our Local Energy Systems business sector. Leveraging the experience and expertise of Ricardo Energy & Environment.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager with proven experience in:
- Finding and winning consultancy opportunities developing new services for current clients and expanding the offer of current services to new clients
- Delivering year on year improvements in revenue in a consultancy
- Working collaboratively with industry partners to develop new offers to the market
- Understanding the impacts of evolving changes in the UK energy and carbon market, and reacting to market needs
- Working with a delivery team to ensure continued delivery of best-in-class service
- Working with a wider business development team to support new opportunities across different business areas and different international markets.
You will lead and be involved in networking, developing leads and winning new business with private and public sector customers. The role will involve creating and supporting campaigns and marketing initiatives, developing propositions, and tailoring these for specific private sector markets. As well as identifying requirements for new services within the market, the individual will be responsible for their own direct sales to new customers, identifying opportunities writing proposals and developing senior level customer relations with an environmental and energy focus.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of identifying and converting market opportunities to profitable sales of consulting services. The candidate will have the ability to understand and explain our services to key decision makers and stakeholders, and develop compelling solutions tailored to their needs.
- Design and implement a sales plan with the Head of LES and Business Area Head for Sustainability.
- Establish and maintain existing relationships at senior levels within the target customer base.
- Establish internal relationships with consultants across Ricardo.
- Work closely with the Business Areas to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and match this to implementation capacity.
- Contribute to identifying new offerings and market requirements that the business can develop and sell to existing or new customers through established or new channels.
- Maintain the Ricardo premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
- Identifying and communicating intelligence on market requirements and opportunities.
- Creating profitable customer solutions.
- Proactive management of sales funnel and activity.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative business development individual looking to enhance their skills further within a rewarding and fast paced environmental consultancy business to make a lasting change to the UKs carbon emissions.
Key competencies and experience:
Candidates will have a technical or business background with over 8 years’ relevant experience covering some or all these areas:
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK energy & environment sector.
- Relevant experience in energy systems infrastructure relating to technical advisory, engineering and project management consultancy.
- Practical experience of implementing low carbon energy systems projects, delivering new assets for private and public sector clients.
- Proven experience/ability in new business development/generation.
- The ability to demonstrate strong pipeline management with strong commercial acumen in order to generate and close business.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for colleagues.
- Capability and willingness to be self-sufficient in prospect generation, with support from the wider team, including marketing to supplement their own activity.
- Positive engagement with customers, partners and colleagues in pursuit of successful sales outcomes.
- You will be self-starter, problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into reality.
- Ability to network successfully within the organisation, to make connections with key resources and experts across the business to achieve their business development objectives.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.