Senior Process Engineer – Waste Infrastructure
- Role type
- Full time, Flexible Hours, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Title: Senior Process Engineer – Waste Infrastructure
Flexible - Harwell / London / Manchester/ Bristol (Office or Home based)
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our team is looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Waste Infrastructure Engineering, Due Diligence & Expert Witness Services Team. Our team supports investors, developers (including procuring authorities) and operators of waste management and waste to energy infrastructure, including through legal advisors and other transaction intermediaries, at all stages of the project lifecycle.
We are looking for Project and Process Engineers with a proven track record in infrastructure delivery, preferably gained in delivering waste to energy infrastructure projects as an Owner’s Engineer or in the EPC environment. Expertise in waste treatment and waste to energy with a proven track record in technical consulting and due diligence.
You would join our team of recognised industry experts with a range of backgrounds, providing tailored support to clients in technical, market, commercial and regulatory advice and due diligence, expert opinion, operational and compliance support, site-based infrastructure delivery services, and a broad range of technical and regulatory consultancy services covering the full range of waste treatment and recovery technologies.
- Supporting infrastructure delivery as an Owner’s Engineer, throughout the feasibility, procurement, construction, and commissioning of waste infrastructure
- Contributing to and leading technical assessments across a wide range of waste and resource management activities, including technical and commercial due diligence assessments
- Acting as, or to having the potential to be mentored to act as, a named expert witness in relation to disputes and insurance claims involving the performance of waste treatment facilities
- Inputting to marketing, sales, and opportunity qualification; and
- Contributing to winning new business, including with new clients, in the UK and internationally, including taking a key role in or leading the preparation of proposals
Key competencies and experience:
- Qualified engineer with broad technical capabilities
- Qualified to master’s level in a relevant discipline and/or chartered engineer
- Previous involvement and experience in site-based engineering projects, preferably in the waste treatment and waste to energy sector
- Experienced project manager with evidence-based application of project management principles
- Good commercial acumen with experience of different forms of contract
- Able to critically analyse construction and technical engineering matters to bring them to conclusion
- Experienced in delivering due diligence assessments for developers, funders, or intermediaries
- Able to write clear, concise, and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients; and
- Experience in identifying and developing waste and waste to energy sector opportunities and client relationships.
- Proven track record in environmental consultancy
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the UK and/or Australian and/or middle east waste market and international waste regulations
- Wider knowledge and experience in electrical, controls and instrumentation an advantage
- Experienced in contributing to or leading technical and/or market/commercial due diligence assessments for developers, funders, and intermediaries
- Experienced as an expert witness, or to have the potential and commitment to be mentored to act as a named expert witness
- Ability to mentor and support the development of junior engineers
- (UK roles) interest/experience in international waste consultancy and opportunities to apply UK experience to support international clients, including a willingness to travel and work overseas for short-medium term periods to meet business requirements
Skills and behaviours:
- Commercially minded technical consultant
- Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work
- Good time management; and
- Able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusive approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.