Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Flexible Hours, Part time, Permanent
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol, Manchester, London
- Closing Date
Role Title: Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
Location: Harwell / London / Manchester/ Bristol / flexible
Salary: £26,000 – £34,000
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
As a result of our growing pipeline of work we are looking for an experienced Consultant to join our environmental assessment team. Ricardo Energy and Environment has established a reputation as one of the leading players in the UK water sector. We are working on major strategic resource projects across the country for a variety of water companies. In addition, we undertake environmental assessment work, including EIA, for developers and local authorities in a range of sectors from waste and energy to mixed use development.
Although, this role will sit within our Evidence and Policy business unit you will provide environmental assessment work across all areas of Ricardo Energy and Environment.
You will work with consultants across the Ricardo Energy and Environment business and will contribute to projects and lead tasks associated with all aspects of environmental assessment, including EIA and SEA. You will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and assist in the delivery of all aspects of consultancy from tendering, project management and nurturing existing client relationships.
Day to day, you could expect this role to involve
- Inputs to environmental assessment projects
- Management of tasks
- Policy and data assessment
- Project management
These are just a few examples of the role responsibilities and work we are currently delivering.
Key competencies and experience:
- You will be an experienced consultant, with an environmental assessment degree or post graduate qualification and ideally working towards or with chartered status (i.e. IEMA).
- You will possess practical working knowledge of the UK planning system and consenting processes including the SEA regulations.
- You will have strong communication and report writing skills as well as a team working ethos.
- Knowledge of working in the water sector would be desirable.
Skills and behaviours:
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Consultancy experience
- Experience of leading and managing projects / tasks
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proactive and enthusiastic person who is ready to work across Ricardo Energy & Environment
- Excellent organisational skills to work collaboratively within large teams.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
message by our CEO.