Power Planning & Solutions Consultant - Contract / Associate - Outside IR35 - Three To Six Month Assignment
- Role type
- Closing Date
Project title: Power Planning & Solutions Consultant (Contractor / Associate)
Duration: 3-6 months minimum
Capability level: Mid-level
Ricardo Energy & Environment (https://ee.ricardo.com/) is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice.
With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are looking for an experienced independent expert in power planning and solutions, to support our projects for an initial three to six month assignment.
You'll have the opporutunity to deliver a range of strategic projects, supporting our clients across the international energy sector.
Our Power Planning & Solutions team comprises a group of highly experienced professionals specialising in techno-economic and management consultancy services for the energy sector.
With particular emphasis on the power sector, including system planning, tariff studies, renewable energy integration, regulation and smart networks.
We are a committed team of like-minded professionals with a growing portfolio of energy technology, policy and strategy projects.
Projects are split between the UK and overseas – the practice has undertaken assignments in nearly 100 countries.
We have a broad range of clients, including multi-lateral lending agencies, governments, regulators, electricity companies, natural resources companies and private.
In the UK the practice is involved in pioneering assignments working closely with distribution companies in the application of smart technology to improve the utilisation of electrical distribution systems.
Our strength lies in our ability to combine strategic, financial/economic and technical advice as an integrated consultancy service to public and private sector clients.
As an experienced indepdendent consultant with a proven track record of successful project delivery in energy policy and strategy, you'll ideally have a particular focus on regulation, tariff design and integrated resource planning.
Taking responsibility for delivering to the highest standards, it will be essential to be an excellent communicator who can explain complex ideas.
You'll regularly interact with clients from a consulting perspective and work collaboratively with a wide range of experts across the company and partner organisations.
Skills and experience
- Proven professional consultancy experience, although applications from candidates with industry/corporate backgrounds are also welcome.
- Technical regulation, licensing and grid codes
- Restructuring and privatisation
- Generation, transmission and distribution planning
- Electricity pricing and tariff formulation
- Breakdown complex research questions, think creatively and solve novel problems
- Numerate and comfortable building energy and financial models in excel
- Excellent proposal writing and report writing capability
- Success in winning public and private sector energy consultancy projects
- Ability to manage projects to a successful conclusion
- Strong communication skills with examples of your writing for different audiences
- Proactive person who is ready to help and willing to support junior member of the team
- Strong degree in a STEM based subject or a similar qualification in energy, sustainability or planning
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other languages is desirable
Please apply for this outside IR35 project as soon as possible and we look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice: https://ricardo.com/privacy-notice#trnty
Ricardo Energy & Environment, The Gemini Building, Fermi Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, UK, OX11 0QR