Air Quality Transport Emissions Consultant (Associate / Contract) - Outside IR35 - Three Month Assignment
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo is the leading provider of air quality services to the UK’s public sector and is seeking to further strengthen its air quality team.
As an indepdendent air quality expert specialising in transport emissions, we would like to collaborate with you on a three-month project basis, in areas such as national compliance assessment, emission inventories and vehicle emission reduction.
We support major projects for UK Government including the UK’s National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI), the national Modelling of Ambient Air Quality (MAAQ) and the UK’s national air quality measurement network (AURN).
We are also lead contractor for the European Commission on air quality and emissions policy.
Read more about Ricardo Energy & Environment here: https://ee.ricardo.com/
You will collaborate on a project basis alongside our Air Quality Modelling and Emission Inventories team of 50 consultants, which includes a sub team of six transport emission specialists.
This three month contract based assignment will require the use of air quality emission and modelling tools, interpretation of technical data and preparation of technical reports.
You'll have the opportunity to interact with air quality professionals including policy makers and contribute to report writing to a professional standard.
Collaborating with Ricardo colleagues in the London, Harwell, Glasgow, and Manchester, you'll be closely involved in delivering high quality solutions on a range of projects across national contracts, including characterising the impacts of policy on air pollution levels, developing and modelling policy scenarios and making use of data to support decision making.
- Experience of working in an environmental consultancy or academia, with a firm grasp of air quality and climate challenges
- Strong scientific technical knowledge of emissions from transport
- Ideally including a background in atmospheric chemistry, air quality modelling and data science
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and demonstratable track record
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and the ability to scrutinise data sets
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral to a variety of audiences including scientists and policy makers.
- The ability to deliver robust technical outputs that withstand high level scrutiny
- An innovative mindset that pushes at technical boundaries to enhance delivery
- Knowledge of air quality and emissions regulations in the UK, Europe and beyond
- A network of relevant contacts in this market
Please apply as soon as possible for an immediate start following successful initial assesment and interview.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally leading sustainability consultancy combining air quality, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We have over 500 technical and scientific staff, many are recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 60 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.