Senior Consultant - Industrial Emissions and Circular Economy
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, environmental, climate change and chemical risk expertise with strong IT, data science and economics capability. Ricardo is held in very high regard by our clients for the in-depth sector insight we demonstrate, our passion for delivering quality, and our reputation for producing innovative solutions. We are acutely aware of the importance of our role in safeguarding and enhancing our environment and fully believe in our mission to create a world fit for the future.
Read more about Ricardo Energy & Environment here: https://ee.ricardo.com/
The Environmental Policy team at Ricardo work in partnership with governmental and private sector organisations on the development, implementation and evaluation of environmental policies, strategies and plans. The team predominately supports public sector clients such as national Governments, the European Commission and international bodies (e.g. the World Bank), as well as working for private sector clients. We deliver high-profile studies in areas that include industrial pollution control, water policy, air quality, chemicals management, climate adaptation, sustainable finance and the circular economy.
In response to our recent successes we are expanding our Environmental Policy team: we have a vacancy for a Senior Consultant. This Senior Consultant will have existing expertise on industrial emissions and circular economy policy and will primarily be working on these topics. Additionally, there is the potential to support other policy areas too, such as sustainable transport, waste, climate change and energy.
Working in international, multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to win, manage and deliver projects on industrial emissions and circular economy policies. With support, you will lead and write high quality proposals for customers, and contribute to other business development. You will be project managing the studies you helped to win. Your delivery of projects will include providing technical input; policy development and implementation analysis; evaluating existing policy and technical measures; supporting cost-benefit analyses and carrying out stakeholder consultations. At this level you will also have opportunity to support the development of more junior colleagues.
Required competencies and experience
- Qualified to Master’s degree level in environmental policy, science, engineering, law, economics, social sciences or a closely related subject
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry
- Knowledge and experience working on environmental legislation and strategies in the EU and the UK relating to industrial emissions and/or circular economy
- Familiarity with the process of policy development and implementation, evaluation of technical and policy measures, cost-benefit analysis, data collection, validation and analysis
- The ability to interact with policy makers at national and/or international level
- Excellent report writing skills (in English)
- Proven strong project management abilities
- Understanding of and some track record in how to write winning proposals
Desirable competencies and experience
- Knowledge on the causes and effects of emissions to air and water environments
- Knowledge/experience of emission management and control technologies and measures across industrial sectors
- Knowledge and experience working on environmental legislation and strategies in the EU and the UK relating to policy areas other than industrial emissions and circular economy
- Business development experience: generation of new business leads, identification of new service offerings, building client relationships
Skills and behaviours
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong influencing skills
- Flexibility, resilience and enthusiasm
- Strong team working skills
This is a stimulating, exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our people. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our people are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message from our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.