IT Support Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense has an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to join our Information Technology Department in our Goleta, CA office. This IT Support Engineer will support the internal company infrastructure, and Ricardo Defense employees at our various locations and remotely. This IT Support Engineer must be able to work independently as well in a group setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal IT staff and users to resolve technical issues and escalate if required to ensure smooth business application processes through the internal ticketing system.
- Coordinate with IT and HR staff to install and configure desktop solutions for the various facilities and telecommuters.
- Collaborate with vendor support contacts to resolve issues for desktop equipment and software applications.
- Coordinate with various teams to implement effective security measures IAW NIST requirements and assist in maintaining that all information is secure.
- Provide expert knowledge to all network projects.
- Provide support and ensure adherence to all database standards according to specifications.
- Define all specifications and client requirements and verify on all hardware and software to fulfill service level agreements (SLAs).
- Install and support client applications and train all users to use all applications appropriately.
- Support all RDI facilities along with Troy IT staff. Collaborate and provide assistance to the Troy IT Staff when needed.
- IT Asset Management Admin for CA receiving, tagging, recording, and assigning computing, telecommunications, and mobile assets.
- Establish and coordinate Information Security enclaves across computing environments, including business, manufacturing, software development, and Software/Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL), and SaaS production.
- User Liaison acting as official voice of the customer (VOC) for new and revised IT requirements and Helpdesk ratings to improve internal customer satisfaction.
- Support the Software Integration Lab (AL, CA, MD) for infrastructure needs including equipment requirements, computing and network setup, operating environments and virtualization access/instantiation.
- Software DevOps Application Programmer creating customized software applications, infrastructure installations, and quality dashboards for continuous build and verification automation.
- Documentation Specialist for the creation and maintenance of DevOps system schematic, operating procedures, How-to/Help instructions, configuration management, and continuous operations/disaster recovery (COOP/DR).
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in the Information Technology Field. With A+, VM, or Microsoft Certifications required.
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, Government Security Clearance and maintain a clearance.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Cloud Solutions
- Windows, Windows Server and Linux knowledge.
- Experience with servlet containers, Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Java.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Security+ Certification, and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is a plus.
- Experience with, but not limited to, software-as-a-service (SaaS) for web-based applications, infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) for Internet-based access, and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) to give developers the tools to build and host Web applications.
- Experience with network security advancements, including cloud-based security, AI-based security, and cross-domain classification enclaves.
- Experience with big-data environments including storage, analytics, load balancing, and throughput.
- Experience with network environments for business process improvement through artificial intelligence and hyper-automation.
- Experience monitoring information assurance vulnerability sites to proactively discover and eliminate data security vulnerabilities.
- Self-starter with a desire to eliminate wasteful activities, determine root cause of disruption, and create world-class operations.
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.