Engineering Manager / Director
- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable, hands-on and strategic Engineering Manager / Director to help us expand the Ricardo Rail business into Victoria on a full-time basis. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities across numerous specialist disciplines which enables us to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges. Reporting directly to the Business Manager Australia, you will be responsible for;
- Oversee effective delivery of current and new Victorian based projects and services, ensuring these projects are delivered to high technical standards and meet all client and commercial requirements.
- Provide engineering leadership, project management or technical consultancy services into key rail sector clients
- Manage and drive business development activities in Victoria, including relationship management with clients, actively seeking new business opportunities, manage bid and tender development with our tender team
- Collaborate and engage with business leaders and stakeholders to develop the Victorian rail sector strategic road map.
- Develop and grow a high performing Melbourne based rail team, including effective coaching, mentoring, performance management and competence development of staff.
- Ensure relevant systems and processes are implemented for all Ricardo Victorian Rail projects – including compliance with Ricardo work health safety, quality and environment policies and management systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years proven experience in a hands-on, strategic Engineering Manager / Director position
- Significant Melbourne rail sector technical experience, extensive market knowledge with a focus on major infrastructure and rolling stock projects
- Previous experience leading business development activities
- Previous experience in driverless Metros preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering,
- Business/commercial management and leadership qualifications preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to influence at various levels
- High level strategy development, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver results under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and use initiative
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to drive employee engagement
- Excellent business acumen
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands. With extensive experience across key disciplines from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, systems engineering, assurance, safety management, operations planning and asset management, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects providing project management, consultancy and certification services. With offices in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients