Sales manager Evidence and Policy
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time
- Glasgow, Home based, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
E&P Sales Manager
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The organisation has delivered strong growth in the environmental sector over the last few years and we are at the centre of Ricardo PLC’s strategy for the next 100 years of the business with the backing and support of the PLC for substantial growth.
Key to our strategy is to grow our business in the private and strategic public sector. We are looking to extend our sales capability within our ‘Evidence and Policy’ (E&P) Business Unit, to specifically support the business with end to end sales in solutions which are more productised or repeatable, which includes existing and developing digital solutions. This will be primarily be leads generated through your own activity, supported by our marketing team and SDR team at times.
The sales manager will be a new addition to the organisation sitting in our sales team with lines of accountability to the business unit director and senior management of the business unit. As we continue to grow the business, develop digital solutions and productise some of our consultancy offerings, we require an experienced and capable sales resource to manage the sales process, working closely with the consultants and subject matter experts.
The objective for this role is to directly identify and contact key decision makers, qualify and progress sales opportunities through to close, achieving a directs order target quarterly, working closely with the subject matter experts and consultants across the business unit. There will be full support from the marketing team and an SDR resource to achieve this.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark in a growing business. Ricardo, and the E&P practice, has an international reputation for our technical expertise and strong growth plans. This reputation is critical to our success, and the right candidate should balance the needs of business growth with our consultative and collaborative ethos. This could suit someone from a technical, scientific or software sales background.
Reporting to our existing E&P Client Manager, and working closely with the E&P Director, Sales Director and Senior Management teams, they will have a demonstratable full cycle sales track record, a clear and demonstrable sales process, be highly experienced in designing and delivering successful calling and proactive campaigns and be able to pick-up our product suite quickly and over time to a high level. Coaching and support will be provided by our existing sales leadership team, helping the successful candidate to achieve high performance every day.
The role has autonomy to help determine focus, messaging and capitalise on areas of success. The key objective of this role is to identify and qualify leads, build a sales funnel and new revenue streams and therein win significant orders from public sector clients.
- Develop a profitable and deliverable pipeline of prospective customers cross-industry for the E&P Business unit.
- Create these opportunities primarily by your own activity, supported by marketing and the SDR team where relevant – demonstrating excellence in inbound prospective.
- Utilise consultative sales techniques to uncover the client’s needs.
- Work with marketing to review, challenge and develop campaigns to maximise success.
- Develop and implement a tactical plan with clear focuses on growth areas.
- Seek opportunities to add value for clients and ensure excellent customer experience is maintained
- Quickly understand the basics of new technical areas such that you have fluency and patter when developing and implementing prospective messaging.
- Utilise Microsoft dynamics CRM to input and manage leads through the sales process
Key competencies and experience:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of business to business sales calling, prospecting, qualification and closure.
- Experience working within technical subject matter areas, where close collaboration with subject matter experts is critical to success.
- The ability to understand and explain our services with technical and regulatory focused personnel through to C-level decision makers and developing compelling solutions tailored to client needs – a consultative approach is therefore essential.
- Formal sales process (SPIN, MEDDIC, Sandler etc)
- The ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders across a wide range of specialisms.
- The ability to quickly and effectivity qualify the interest of a prospect.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and ability to overcome client objections.
- Experience in using a CRM system to manage and maintain lead records
- Experience in the ‘environmental’, ‘sustainability’ or consultancy sector
- Software / digital solutions expertise
- Experience prospecting and selling into the public sector (national and local)
- The successful candidate will have examples of displaying the right behaviours for success and an understanding of what these are and how to replicate them to consistently deliver at a high level alongside their own mental toughness and tenacity. Strong values and a cultural fit with our organisation will be essential in ensuring your success.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive salary,commission and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.