Senior hydrogen energy consultant
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
- Bristol, Flexible, Home based, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Role Title: Senior hydrogen energy consultant
Salary range: Dependent on experience
Location: Glasgow/Bristol/Harwell/Guildford UK Role
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy. We deliver cutting edge services to clients on climate change, pollution and the future of mobility, among others. Our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges.
We are looking for an experienced Senior hydrogen energy consultant to join our growing business. We want you to help deliver our growing portfolio of exciting hydrogen energy and power projects.
- You will be joining Ricardo’s Power Planning & Solutions team, a committed group of like-minded professionals with a growing portfolio of technology, innovation, and strategy projects. Our 35 energy specialists who work across renewables, electricity networks & hydrogen.
- We have ambitious plans for our hydrogen team and this is an opportunity to join as it grows. Some examples of the transformational projects we are delivering now include:
- Assessing the costs and environmental impacts of the production and use of green hydrogen and green ammonia in the UK and overseas – what investments are needed and when?
- Collaborating with our sustainable transport team to reimagine shipping fuels and port infrastructure - how can we make this a reality?
- Deciding which hydrogen innovations should be funded by public and private investors – which projects will grow into a new green supermajor?
- Setting climate goals and helping our clients to navigate their path towards net zero – how will hydrogen avoid the need for carbon offsets?
- You will be an experienced consultant with a hydrogen track record and an understanding of energy policy & innovation. You enjoy solving technical and commercial energy challenges and take pride in performing at the highest level.
- We need an excellent communicator who can explain complex ideas. You are confident in front of clients and your presentations and reports are clear and easy to read. You enjoy working collaboratively with the team and with specialists in other fields.
- Join us and be part of the transition to a low carbon energy system.
Skills and experience[
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven professional consultancy experience, although applications from candidates with industry/corporate backgrounds are also welcome.
- Experience in the production or use of hydrogen or related zero carbon fuels
- The ability to breakdown complex research questions, think creatively and solve novel problems.
- Numerate and comfortable building energy and financial models.
- Proposal writing and winning public and private sector energy consultancy projects.
- The ability to manage projects to a successful conclusion.
- Strong communication skills with examples of your writing for different audiences.
- A proactive person who is ready to help and willing to support junior member of the team.
- A strong degree in a STEM based subject or a similar qualification in energy, engineering or technology.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in other languages is desirable.
What we offer
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our people. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our people are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.