- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Seeking an Automotive Systems Architect who is driven to advance the state of technology in the automotive sector. Systems Architect understands the needs of the automotive customers and translates them into actionable requirements for the functional disciplines - e.g. electrical, software, architecture, etc. and validates that the end product meets what the customer expected.
- Develop system architectures on automotive projects that entail traditional and next-generation technologies; Classic Autosar, Autosar Adaptive, bare-metal applications, virtualization, Linux, RTOS, cloud connectivity, CAN, Ethernet, TSN, etc.
- Determine what electrical architectures minimize BOM costs & weight while meeting both functional and non-functional requirements (performance, latency, jitter, etc.)
- Incorporate design considerations for cyber security and functional safety
- Lead design reviews as well as participate in code reviews to be sure implementation meets the design
- Make sure architecture standards and processes are being met by project teams
- Assist the PM’s in project planning and execution
- Assist the Business Development team by providing written proposals that include effort estimations, dependencies, project timelines - followed by presenting to customers
- Develop the system requirements based upon and traced to the customer requirements for electrical and software disciplines
- Understand and document customer requirements using ALM tools. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations.
- Using Enterprise Architect (EA, or similar), documents system architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way that electrical and software engineers know exactly what they have to do in order to meet customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics development projects (mandatory).
- Working experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Highly motivated/self-starter with proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 4+ years professional systems engineering experience
- Automotive component development experience
- Able to dissect a system into logical components by function and or feature.
- Able to identify critical interdependencies between systems and or components.
- Experience with safety and/or ASPICE standards.
- Experience with ISO 26262 functional safety.
- Experience with Agile Development Processes.
- Experience with AUTOSAR framework.