- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Technical Writer in our growing Logistics Department to create a variety of technical articles, customized reports, technical data, brochures, training materials, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
This Technical Writer will be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the documents. This Technical Writer will perform editorial and quality assurance support for document preparation and delivery. This Technical Writer will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, perform technical writing, editing and revising of Army Technical Manuals (TMs).
The Technical Writer will work with both U.S. Army and Contractor personnel including engineers, designers, and technicians and logisticians to perform maintenance task analysis and develop technical documentation to support fielding, operation and maintenance of platform integrated systems. The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and act on them effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team providing logistics support services in support of Technical Manual development
- Technical Publication production processes including researching specs and drawings
- Creating content, coding work packages
- Military writing and editing conventions, as well as graphic standards
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study is preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Interpret and convert information (e.g. engineering models, drawings, schematics, spreadsheets) into end-user military standard (MIL STD) documentation and reference materials such as Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC), repair parts and special tools lists
- Must be proficient in sentence structure and the use of the English language and grammar
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Pro, COMPASS, Arbortext, IADS, and XML editors
- Familiar with Military Documentation Standards; MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-2361C, and MIL-HDBK-1222F
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, and a Government Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.