Circular Economy Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), London, Manchester
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed Senior Consultant to join our circular economy team. Our circular economy team works to create practical and scalable solutions that will directly support public and private sector organisations in moving toward a circular economy. Our core projects include policy research and development, strategy and action plan development, circular economy business support and solution implementation.
- Working within a collaborative and supportive team, you will help win, manage and deliver circular economy projects.
- You will be able to lead and write high quality proposals for customers and contribute to other business development. As a project manager, you will be expected to understand how to manage a project’s delivery, controlling budgets and timings, and allocating tasks to colleagues as required.
- You will need to demonstrate experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations. You will also support the development of more junior colleagues within the team.
- Ricardo operates a parallel ‘team leader’ system for pastoral staff management, meaning that you will not initially have any direct line management responsibilities. However, if such line management is of interest to you, we can help you to demonstrate and develop that capability in parallel with your project management responsibilities.
Required competencies and experience:
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in in an environmental discipline.
- At least five years of demonstrable track record of delivering circular economy solutions and communicating outcomes to clients.
- Experience of bid writing in a consultancy environment.
- Strong understanding circular economy principles, policy and tools.
- Knowledge and experience of working with different sectors (e.g. food and drink, textiles, electronics, built environment, manufacturing).
Required skills and behaviors
- Project management, with high level of commercial awareness and appreciation for project financial management principles.
- Strong oral and written communication, including concise and precise report and bid writing.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and demonstrate independence and the initiative to react to changes needs and priorities.
- Analytical, problem solving and creative thinking.
- Good team worker and experienced delegator.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.