Product Marketing Manager
- Role type
- Fixed Term Contract, Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
As part of our expertise, we operate the National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 45 years ago. NCEC is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 8,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 500 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team. What does this mean? In short, our team save people’s lives and protect the environment, assets and organisations reputations on a daily basis. This aligns to Ricardo’s vision of ‘a world it for the future’ and Ricardo Energy & Environment’s vision of a world where we can all live sustainably. Ultimately you would be working for a company that does real good.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and preparedness packages.
NCEC has delivered double digit growth in the last three years and we are looking for the right individual to take a lead in the development, growth and commercialisation of the NCEC proposition. The key objective of this role is to develop the customer facing offering for our core services based on market and competitor activity and feedback, and ensuring the sales and marketing team have the information, context and detail needed to excel and exceed in their roles. The overall outcome is to continue to develop our key message and to provide customers with market leading products and services that manage their wider risk and compliance challenges.
You will be responsible for developing, improving and creating go to market approaches and value propositions in line with business strategies across all existing and new product offerings, working with the delivery team who will implement internally. This will include identification of new product and consultancy offerings, and collaborating with the delivery teams to bring these to market. Activities will include compiling market needs from the sales team, working with the delivery team on the technical drivers and limitations, researching the market, creating and identifying thought leadership and outreach opportunities, defining and setting pricing policy, creating internal and external collateral, responsibility to maintaining the accuracy of customer facing templates (e.g. proposals), etc. and effectively being the interface between sales, marketing and technical delivery.
This role will form part of NCEC’s business development team directly reporting to the sales and Client Director. There will be dotted line responsibility to those responsible for delivering the products and services, and the expectation of close liaison with the marketing team. This is a new role, with the responsibility currently split between the delivery teams, marketing and sales leads. Therefore we are open to review and discuss specific elements of the accountabilities based on experience of success in similar roles.
Ricardo are looking to evolve the role around the specific capabilities and experiences of candidates. The key accountabilities envisioned for this role include:
- Gathering market, customer and competitor insights to inform and build product messaging, differentiators and outreach topics.
- Working with the delivery team to understand regulatory requirements, product capabilities and customer drivers to identify growth opportunities and strategies, and to develop the commercial proposition of these (alongside the delivery team who will deliver the solution, service or technical offering).
- Responsible for creating delivery perspective of all client-side material, for marketing, sales and customer resources (e.g. white papers, proposals, user guides) – create a complete suite of client-side material, and being the ‘technical’ liaison for marketing activity, working with relevant stakeholders to create content, etc.
- Responsible for pricing strategy, pricing and discounting guidelines (and the corresponding pricing calculators) for the business areas.
- Working closely with marketing to run a combined marketing calendar based on the needs of the market, and representing both parts equally to ensure business objectives are met.
- Support the development of ‘non-standard’ offering with the sales and delivery teams, and productise these where further opportunities exist
- Customer (and market) surveying, segmenting and profiling for greater customer and market insights with input into growth strategy and direction.
- Support to bidding and specific customer opportunities where required.
Key competencies and experience:
You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria:
- Experience working in a similar role with evidence of the contribution and growth of product range, or business, attributable to your activity.
- Experience across the entire product life cycle through to iterative improvements to progress and develop the commercial offering.
- Commercial mindset, able to articulate the business value and growth that you have been accountable for.
- Customer and growth focus – you have a solid understanding of how to develop a growth funnel and identify new growth opportunities.
- Making decisions and providing direction – without losing sight of the main objective
- Communicating clearly and logically – you are comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders as challenges arise.
- You have fresh ideas – you prefer to explore new plans and ideas which have not yet been explored. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
- Knowledge or experience of health and safety, organisational resilience, chemical safety or regulatory compliance, or the ability to apply current experience to these areas would be an advantage.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.