Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Role type
Sterling Heights, MI
Ricardo Defense has an excellent career opportunity for a detail-oriented Shipping and Receiving Clerk in our Sterling Heights, MI manufacturing facility. This position is Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30 pm.
This Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be a member of our materials team and work primarily on our production floor. This position will be responsible for various shipping and receiving duties.
These duties include, but are not limited to: coordination of outgoing shipments, preparing incoming and outgoing shipping documents, loading and unloading of trucks, inventory of product in the correct locations and moving material to production environment as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate shipping orders
- Support package deliveries with carriers (package product, create labels etc.)
- Log and verify received material into MRP system (SAP)
- Perform accurate inventory counts
- Visually check and tag material accordingly
- Performs physical tasks to transport or store materials within the production area
- Performs a daily visual inspection of the general condition of the forklift, and fills out a daily forklift inspection sheet
- Be proactive to keep downtime to zero minutes
- Anticipate production needs and have replacement items available so that no downtime is incurred
- Responsible to ensure FIFO (First-In-First-Out) is used in all areas of the plant
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, problem solving, and troubleshooting within the department
- Must follow all safety practices, including wearing the proper PPE
- Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Maintain pick locations by cutting product open and placing product in primary picking locations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk in a manufacturing setting
- Proficiency with Forklift operation Stand-up/Sit-down
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Leadership Qualities
- Good attendance record
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
- Material Handling in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing
- Ability to lift objects between 15 and 50 pounds
- Hand/Eye coordination
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.