Ground Water Modelling Hydrogeologist- Consultant/ Senior
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Flexible, Home based
- Closing Date
Salary: Up to £36,000.
If you are familiar with the Environmental Sector, then chances are you have heard of us. We are extremely proud of what we do - we help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data. What sets us apart is our people. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. In a recent survey 93% of employees felt that collectively, everybody was committed to producing quality work. Our values include innovation, integrity, passion and respect and our employees demonstrate these every day.
We care about our staff and take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals. These include flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance Programme. Learning and Development of our employees is also important to us, therefore we offer all employees a personal Learning and Development plan which includes supporting you work toward or maintaining chartered status or membership to a relevant professional body.
The successful candidate will be working within the Evidence and Policy sector of our business with a strong link with the Water and Environment part of that team where we support water companies, regulators and council’s to better understand the linkages between water quality and quantity changes (e.g. abstraction, climate change, infrastructure development) and the impact these changes can have on the environment.
We are looking for a ground water specialist who has strong expertise of conceptual modelling in relation to groundwater, but also understands the importance of those links to environmental challenges today and in the future. We are also looking for someone who understands the importance of groundwater in the context of water quality related for example, to drinking water safety planning under the drinking water inspectorate for water companies and groundwater flooding for planning and wider contamination risk.
As part of this role you would:
- Work very closely with our surface hydrologists and ecologists to support the determination of aquatic ecosystems that are sensitive to changes in flow due to abstraction for public water supplies, for example.
- Collate, analyse and synthesis hydrological and ecological data in a groundwater quality and quantity context.
- Have a detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements including Water Framework Directive related to groundwater bodies and water company WINEP studies and be able to interpret environmentally related impacts.
- Develop and review ground water conceptual modelling through interpretation of key data.
You will have:
- Experience of working within a Water Consultancy and working directly with UK water companies is essential. Additional understanding of FRA related to development is desirable
- An understanding of UK Water Policy and legislation as required
- A flair for report writing with an analytical mind
- QGIS and data analytic tool experience to support conceptual modelling outputs and thinking
- Demonstrable ability of working with and developing positive relationships with stakeholders and clients
- A degree or MSc in a relevant subject (environmentally based e.g. hydrology, hydrogeology, Groundwater hydrology)
- Excellent team working and communication skills, plus the ability to manage and prioritise workload;
- A clean, full driving licence
What we offer
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
If you require any support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.