Senior Process Engineer - Waste technology / Waste to Energy
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy in a growing specialist team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has vacancies for excellent candidates to join our Waste Infrastructure Engineering, Due Diligence & Expert Witness Services Team. Reporting through our Resource Efficiency & Waste Management Practice, within our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, our team supports investors, developers (including procuring authorities) and operators of waste management and waste to energy infrastructure, including through legal advisors and other transaction intermediaries, at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Based in the UK, Ricardo Energy & Environment operates globally. Our Waste Infrastructure Engineering, Due Diligence & Expert Witness Services Team is growing quickly, in the UK and overseas. We have the following exciting opportunities in the UK and Australia for experienced candidates at Senior and Principal level:
Project and process engineers with a proven track record in infrastructure delivery, preferably gained in delivering waste to energy infrastructure projects as an Owner’s Engineer or in the EPC environment.
Waste treatment and waste to energy technical specialists with a proven track record in technical consulting and due diligence and an appetite and aptitude to develop as an Owner’s Engineer.
We will welcome applications from candidates that would be based in the UK to support our growing UK business and have opportunities to work in Australia, Asia and the Middle East to meet business needs. Candidates can work flexibly, including home-based, but are expected to work regularly from one of our offices in Harwell (Oxfordshire), London, Bristol or Manchester.
You would join our team of recognised industry experts with a range of backgrounds, providing tailored support to clients in technical, market, commercial and regulatory advice and due diligence, expert opinion, operational and compliance support, site-based infrastructure delivery services, and a broad range of technical and regulatory consultancy services covering the full range of waste treatment and recovery technologies. Currently, we primarily provide advice to UK projects but are successfully growing our client base internationally, in Europe, Australia, the Middle East, and South East Asia.
Candidates will add to the resilience and agility of our existing team. We recognise that all applicants are unique, and we operate in a fast moving commercial environment, therefore we will seek to understand your skills, experience and career objectives in order to define a role around you that fits within our overall requirements and services. You will form part of an established team, but equally thrive with an appropriate level of autonomy. We are interested in ambitious, highly motivated, energetic applicants with the drive to grow and develop themselves and our wider team.
- supporting infrastructure delivery as an Owner’s Engineer, throughout the feasibility, procurement, construction and commissioning of waste infrastructure;
- contributing to and leading technical assessments across a wide range of waste and resource management activities, including technical and commercial due diligence assessments;
- acting as, or to having the potential to be mentored in order to act as, a named expert witness in relation to disputes and insurance claims involving the performance of waste treatment facilities;
- inputting to marketing, sales, and opportunity qualification; and
- contributing to winning new business, including with new clients, in the UK and internationally, including taking a key role in or leading the preparation of proposals
Key competencies and experience:
- qualified engineer with broad technical capabilities;
- qualified to masters level in a relevant discipline and/or chartered engineer;
- previous involvement and experience in site-based engineering projects, preferably in the waste treatment and waste to energy sector;
- experienced project manager with evidence-based application of project management principles;
- good commercial acumen with experience of different forms of contract;
- able to critically analyse construction and technical engineering matters to bring them to conclusion;
- experienced in delivering due diligence assessments for developers, funders or intermediaries;
- able to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports and manage data confidently;
- excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients; and
- experience in identifying and developing waste and waste to energy sector opportunities and client relationships.
- proven track record in environmental consultancy;
- demonstrable experience and knowledge of the UK and/or Australian and/or Middle East waste market and international waste regulations;
- wider knowledge and experience in electrical, controls and instrumentation an advantage;
- experienced in contributing to or leading technical and/or market/commercial due diligence assessments for developers, funders and intermediaries;
- experienced as an expert witness, or to have the potential and commitment to be mentored in order to act as a named expert witness;
- ability to mentor and support the development of junior engineers;
- (UK roles) interest/experience in international waste consultancy and opportunities to apply UK experience to support international clients, including a willingness to travel and work overseas for short-medium term periods to meet business requirements
Skills and behaviours:
- commercially minded technical consultant;
- receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn;
- able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task;
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work;
- good time management; and
- able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,300 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Warrington, Manchester and Guildford. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europe and Asia.
Ricardo operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions,
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach .
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.