- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Seeking an Automotive Systems Architect who is driven to advance the state of technology in the automotive sector. Systems Architect understands the needs of the automotive customers and translates them into actionable requirements for the functional disciplines - e.g. electrical, mechanical, software etc. and validates that the end product meets what the customer expected.
In this role, you will be engaged in:
• Develop the system requirements based upon and traced to the customer requirements for electrical and software disciplines
• Utilize the system architecture provided by the core team to verify that the system requirements are satisfied by the system architecture. Updates system architecture as necessary.
• Understand and document customer requirements using ALM tools. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations.
• Using Enterprise Architect (EA), documents system architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way that electrical and software engineers know exactly what they have to do in order to meet customer expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
• 4-8 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
• Working experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Highly motivated/self-starter with proven leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
• 4+ years professional systems engineering experience
• Automotive component development experience
• Able to dissect a system into logical components by function and or feature.
• Able to identify critical interdependencies between systems and or components.
• Experience with safety and/or ASPICE standards.