- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Mechanical Engineer who is available for an immediate start for a 3 month full-time contract. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Develop technical specifications for rolling stock.
- Provide technical advice to the project team.
- Review SDR/PDR/DDR/TRR/SVR technical submissions.
- Attend sites to provide advice on technical matters.
- Develop trade-off reports as required to support decision making.
- Resolve technical issues relating to standards compliance and network integration.
- Develop management and project plan requirements.
- Support the development of operational performance regimes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure business needs are satisfied.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical engineering experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signaling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia (formerly Transport Engineering) consists of more than 100 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rolling stock projects across NSW, and who proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients. We offer advisory, design and delivery services on projects in both the public and private sector.