- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Electrical Engineer to support our rapidly growing business for a full time 3 month initial contract. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Develop technical specifications for rolling stock;
- Provide rolling stock technical advice to client during tender and delivery phases of a project;
- Develop and review technical submissions throughout the delivery phase;
- Attend site to provide advice on technical matters;
- Participate in Testing and Commissioning activities on rolling stock either to conduct the test or as a witness;
- Develop trade-off reports as required to support decision making;
- Develop management and project plan requirements;
- Support the development of operational performance regimes;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure business needs are satisfied;
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years electrical engineering experience, rolling stock experience preferred but not essential
- Familiarity and understanding of international and domestic rolling stock standards;
- Working knowledge of design and assurance processes based on systems engineering principles;
- Use of Judgement of Significance or other risk based assurance processes;
- Understanding and experience in manufacturing and upgrading of rolling stock.
- System integration experience;
- Experience in testing and commissioning of rolling stock;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Can plan and prioritise work activities to work collaboratively and deliver results to meet tight deadlines;
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands. With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signaling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia (formerly Transport Engineering) consists of more than 100 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rolling stock projects across NSW, and who proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients. We offer advisory, design and delivery services on projects in both the public and private sector.
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/