Electrical Systems Engineer
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
- Specification and design of electrical schematics to support powertrain and other vehicle systems integration.
- Support CAD designer in 3D design and packaging of electrical harnesses, junction, fuse boxes, etc.
- Create 2D layout drawings with pin-outs, wire gauge, branch lengths, suitable for manufacture of wiring harnesses.
- Experience with electrical systems and harness design software, such as Mentor Graphics, Zuken E3
- Initiate and maintain system documentation such as SDS, BOM, FMEA, DVP&R etc.
- Progress the system design through the program gateways to ensure that parts are released to support testing activities
- Manage suppliers of the system components to procure hardware for prototypes
- Lead problem solving and issue resolution to maintain the engine program timing
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
This specific role for Ricardo, Inc. requires the candidate to meet ITAR compliance regulations being a U.S. citizen; a permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- B.S., BEng or M.S. in Engineering, automotive, EE
- Experience with contacting vendors and reviewing specifications
- Understanding of sensor data analysis (accuracy, resolution, maximum range, etc.) and experiment design to verify these specifications
- Experience in sensor development, sensor module integration for mobile platforms, sensor performance evaluation
- Experience with designing and building automatic testing and data collection systems such as a linear motion control system
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Automotive Electrical Systems
- Experience in the development of over 3 different types of sensors
- Experience in wire harness integration into automotive applications