Lead Power Electronic
- Role type
Introduction to Ricardo:
Ricardo PLC is a $500M global world leading independent engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy. Founded in 1915, our vision is to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste in all we do.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3,000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
- Working with our US, UK and Prague power electronics teams, you will support the road mapping of future power electronics technologies for automotive and wider applications, including wide band semiconductor gap devices, higher voltage systems, cost effective solutions and novel topologies
- Be on top of the latest power electronics technologies and define opportunities
- Support customer facing technical meetings and proposal generation
- Lead customer power electronics projects to be delivered in the US, UK and Prague
- Support the growth of our facilities and team through making the case for capital expenditure and recruitment to match growing customer demands
- As the team grows, opportunity to manage appropriate parts of the team.
- Over 5 years of hands on experience required (10 preferred) in the design and development of automotive power electronics covering inverters, DC/DC, power supplies etc.
- Application experience with power switches including IGBT, MOSFET, SiC, GaN etc.
- EMI and EMC experience
- Embedded control hardware application (uP, DSP, FPGA) – coding not expected – including power supply, interfacing and protection circuits
- Demonstrable experience with typical power electronics simulation and analysis approaches and software packages
- PCB design experience, preferably with Altium, including good knowledge of noise reduction approaches
- Lab skills at >400V including system assembly, testing and development
- Understanding of power electronics hardware integration in to vehicles and the challenges that brings
- Minimum, bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent oral and written skills, good team working and ability to convincingly present a vision or proposal to management and customers
- Over 10 years automotive experience
- Knowledge of Li-ION battery, battery management systems and CAN
- Knowledge of traction motor design and high power wireless charging systems
- Some embedded C programming experience
- Electronics product development experience to production.