Cyber Security Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an Automotive Cyber Security Specialist into assess cybersecurity posture and provide analysis and design support in achieving RMF cybersecurity accreditation for vehicle systems within the Department of Defense (DoD) arena.
The Cyber Security Specialist will work closely with the company’s cybersecurity lead and government customers and subject matter experts to create and execute cybersecurity processes while applying detailed knowledge of Army and DoD certification and accreditation (C&A) processes. These cybersecurity processes include DIARMF NIST, DOD 8500, DISA/STIGs/IAVM & FISMA.
The Cyber Security Specialist will develop cybersecurity certification packages and support accreditations, implement DISA STIGs. The Cyber Security Specialist must also be able to review security related standard operating procedures and instructions and recommend updates to corporate and project processes. The Cyber security Specialist will work with software development teams to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to minimize vulnerability and ensure that customer security requirements are met. The Cyber Security Specialist must keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity issues, technologies and approaches. Assists in the conduct of annual security reviews, including RMF accreditations.
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo Defense offices and customer locations required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as technical contributor you will be working closely with the project team in supporting the execution of technical tasks
• Derive and allocate cybersecurity requirements to sub-system and component levels
• Collaborate with project managers, development team, end users and customers to ensure that requirements and expectations are addressed in all phases of the project
• Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure cybersecurity requirements are being met throughout the product development cycle
• Successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with customers
• Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or engineering from an accredited college or university
• Experience with cybersecurity for information systems
• 5+ years of relevant cybersecurity engineering experience
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience in software, electronics and ground combat systems vehicle architectures
• Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Hands-on experience with C&A of enterprise software systems
• Experience working with security architecture, design and implementation
• Experience working directly with customers and subject matter experts
• Experience in Federal IT infrastructure security, Cybersecurity and DIACAP for IT systems
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
• Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
• Experience using Army-approved tools (e.g. Retina, Nessus, DISA Gold, HPFortify, etc.)
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and/or CAP (Certified Authorization Professional) certification is preferred
• Experience developing System Security Plans (SSP) is a plus
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
• Company Paid Life and AD&D
• Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
• 401k with Company Match
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.