Director of Software
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Director of Software at our Troy, MI or Goleta, CA office to manage our Software Development organization. This position will lead an organization of highly-skilled software professionals dedicated to the advancement and continuous improvement of processes and technical capabilities that span the entire software life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess current capability areas and processes, and recommend initiatives to strengthen or expand capabilities in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Interface with business development to identify capability areas needed to support future opportunities.
- Support proposal efforts either directly, or by identifying employees who can participate in proposal development.
- Support PMs with filling resource gaps in current and/or upcoming projects. This includes identifying skill sets required to execute project objectives, negotiating allocations of staff resources with PMs, processing staffing requests to complete the allocation process.
- Monitor employee allocations on projects, and assist in the resolution of any employee project coverage risks or issues.
- Provide functional guidance and mentorship to the software staff.
- Maintain communications with Project Managers and employees on their levels/quality of support to their projects.
- Manage customer interactions on projects.
- Assist Project Managers and employees in resolving any project performance issues.
- Recognize significant employee accomplishments.
- Conduct Performance Evaluations with staff, including providing feedback on performance and setting objectives.
- Work with employees to align career growth opportunities with their career aspirations.
- Identify training courses, conferences, special assignments, or other opportunities that can strengthen the employee's skill set and/or better position the employee for career growth.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, Government Security Clearance and maintain a clearance.
- Strong understanding of the Software Life Cycle
- Experience in leading Agile Software Development
- Understanding of SecDevOps development and deployment environment
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to coach and mentor employees
- Ability to provide effective and constructive feedback
- Ability to professionally interact with government customers
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology company that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class- leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.