Operations & Maintenance Rail Assessor
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Rail Assessor - Operations & Maintenance Expert
Department: Ricardo Rail, Qatar Branch
Location: Doha, Qatar
Ricardo Rail Qatar is looking for a Rail Assessor who has considerable O&M experience to join our rail engineering team. The role will be based in Ricardo Rail’s Doha office.
Ricardo Qatar is part of a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and Independent Safety Assurance, across the UK, Europe, Middle East, North America, Asia and Australia.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and Independent Safety Assurance services, to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Essential experience required:
- Developing an Operation Concept Definition (performance quality KPI, Op constraints, Op service levels, Op assets and facilities, Op process scenarios, Op users, Op interfaces, Operating Modes).
- Finalizing the development of the rulebook for operations (English).
- Reorganization of the depots and marshalling yard and implementing new procedures.
- Developing a Maintenance Concept Definition (MCD requirements/ MMP/levels of maintenance/information/ documentation and training / MMS / tools/ equipment/ instruments and facilities / spare part strategy/ logistics).
- Testing and Commissioning, Trial Running/Service Demonstration.
- O&M Hazard Log.
- Perform integrated change control. Review all change requests, approve changes, and manage the implementation of changes.
- Training for management level, train drivers, CTC operators and conductors for operations rules.
- Development and Implementation of O&M SMSs.
- Developing emergency plans.
- Competencies framework for the safety critical positions and delivering training.
- Asset information system.
- Internal audits.
- Operations planning and coordination.
- Expereince of working in the railway industry
- Minimum Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognised University
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in Arabic is an advantage
- Analytical and methodical problem solving
- A visible passion for the rail industry
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
This role is intitally offered on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, it may be extended dependant on our clients requirements. The succesful applicant will be required to live in Qatar, Doha.
This role offers excellent salary and benefits.