- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Reliability Engineer who is available for an immediate start for a short term full-time contract based in Melbourne. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Gather and examine reliability data, and analyse that data against maintenance engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Identify reliability issues by performing maintenance history data analysis.
- Identify obsolescence and supportability issues.
- Engage with stakeholders such as OEMs, engineers, maintainer and operators to further understand reliability issues.
- Carry out safety and reliability, availability & maintainability (RAM) engineering responsibilities that solve complex system requirements.
- Ability to effectively draft various reports and outline the findings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Reliability Engineer, in the rail industry preferred.
- Previous experience in a reliability driven environment, such as a maintenance department, would be highly desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Preferred intermediate programming skills in VBA or equivalent,
- Excellent verbal and written communication; and
- Can plan and prioritise work activities to work collaboratively and deliver results to meet tight deadlines.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 130 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rolling stock projects across NSW, and who proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients. We offer advisory, design and delivery services on projects in both the public and private sector.