- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & is steeped in a long corporate track record of running Government programmes to support a range of activities in the environmental agenda. To this day we run many multi-year grant, innovation, business support and environmental evidence collation programmes. All with an environmental or low carbon theme utilising our skill as programme designers, managers and technology experts.
We believe that the stimulus supporting the low carbon, NetZero and COVID green recovery agendas will mean Governments around the world will be looking for experienced partners to design and implement programme of work for the future to stimulate the economy and meet climate change targets over the next 10+ years. We are already delivering some of the new UK Government programmes associated with the green recovery, and are looking to expand our existing team with experienced programme managers to bid for and deliver further programmes.
You will be a key part of the team working with our ‘Head of Energy Programmes’ and other senior stakeholders and project team members across the organization.
We are looking for a candidate with UK Government fund management experience, either from within Government or as a consultant supporting Government from the private sector. We also welcome applications from highly experienced project managers with over 8+ years of experience managing complex projects or programmes of activity in other sectors with the right multidisciplinary skills.
Ideally the chosen candidate will also have experience in funding programme design as well as delivery, demonstrating their ability to initiate as well as run complex projects with multiple stakeholders and large teams.
The candidate must have;
8+ years of experience in project or programme management, ideally with central Government experience as a consultant or employee
Have outstanding, planning, organisation, delegation and communication skills – to be tested through the interview process
Must have a track record of delivering programmes and projects to time and budget and clear examples of problem solving and resolving challenges along the way.
Be comfortable managing senior external stakeholders and large project teams
Experience of proposal writing and bidding for work, strong written skills and the ability to ‘answer the exam question’
Desirable skills include;
- A project management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2
- Consultancy experienced from the private sector into Government customers, ideally BEIS, DEFRA or any other Central Government Department
- Experience of working in or on the low carbon, decarbonisation, environmental agendas
The Programme Manager will report directly to the Head of Energy Programme who is responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects delivered within the Business Unit and ensuring compliance to QA requirements. You will work closely with other programme managers and technical experts in the team and will have responsibilities including the following:
- Working on bidding and delivering programmes – including proposal writing, costing programmes etc
- Ensuring projects are managed to time and budget
- Ensuring project administration and quality assurance (QA) documents and processes are followed
- Following internal procedures to set up and coordinate work carried out by sub-contractors;
- Coordinating activities with the project team
- Liaising regularly and proactively with customers
- Drafting regular update reports for clients, writing or being accountable for deliverables;
- Receiving customer feedback and making improvements as required to programme or internal processes based on the feedback
Skills and behaviours:
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player able to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation;
- Be comfortable working on a variety of tasks and different projects in a fast-paced consultancy environment;
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the programme/project processes within our consultancy business to be able to propose and implement operational improvements in these areas;
- Be a leader, team worker who is willing and able to get involved in supporting colleagues on a range of programme and project management, co-ordination tasks as required;
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect, working with others towards ensuring high standards of behaviour and performance.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference in the world. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring and coaching opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, careers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.