Associate Director - Environment
- Role type
Ricardo is a global sustainability consultancy and our ambition is to create a world fit for the future. We help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data.
Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
- We have an opportunity for a highly experienced Associate Director to lead and direct a wide range of exciting and innovative Environmental Advisory & Approvals and Environmental Science projects. This is an opportunity for you be at the forefront of establishing an international brand in the Australian market, whilst leveraging an globally respected business. Drawing upon Ricardo’s focus on innovation you will be involved with a broad range of projects focused on Renewable Energy, Waste to Energy, Environmental Infrastructure, Infrastructure Sustainability and Environmental Sustainability, working across both the public and private sector.
- You will work closely with an established management team in Australia, and will also have support to draw upon from the wider international business. You will lead and manage a small team of consultants across Victoria and will be responsible for growing the Environmental Advisory & Approvals and Environmental Science business areas. You will utilise your strong commercial and business development skills to further grow and enhance the team and you will be rewarded for bringing your network of clients and local experience.
- On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for leading, directing and managing a team and will actively contribute to strategy and business development. You will often be acting as the technical lead on complex consultancy projects and proposals and will need to have the necessary skills, experience and aptitude to lead from the front and collaborate with a wide range of experts across the company and in partner organisations.
- We are looking for a unique individual who has strong capabilities and proven experience in operational development, technical expertise and business development in the Environmental Advisory & Approvals and Environmental Science sectors. You will have a proven track record, strong market credentials and great customer and commercial skills. You will also have experience of leading teams and will be passionate about developing and mentoring junior team members.
Skills and experience
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive consultancy experience in Environmental Advisory & Approvals and Environmental Science.
- Strong commercial and business development skills, coupled with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as supporting and leading complex proposals and consultancy projects.
- Strong communication skills, and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders/audiences and facilitating agreement between conflicting parties.
- Possess a good network of contacts across Victoria at a management and/or operational level and ideally be recognized as an industry leader within your chosen technical area.
- You will have an established client base of national clients, with a specific focus on Victoria
- An interest in supporting international projects.
- An ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Be an effective and proactive business leader, capable of supporting and developing peers.
- Flexible approach, including a willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics.
We operate in an interesting and innovative environment, offering you the opportunity to make your mark in an expanding international company. You will have support from the wider business in developing a personal development plan for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities. We have excellent training and development opportunities and you will have the opportunity to work in new and emerging markets.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.