- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and ultimately the Finance Director. You will be responsible for accurate, timely and appropriate financial information to management, ensuring compliance with internal financial policies/procedures and external accounting and tax requirements. You will also own responsibility for driving the cash performance and managing working capital of the business.
- Preparation of cash flow and working capital forecasts, budgets and reporting
- Working with the business to achieve excellent cash performance
- Preparation of statutory annual reports
- Prepare supporting information for audits, including liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Day to day management of Credit Control Manager and Assistant Financial Accountant
- Undertake 1-2-1 meetings, appraisals and other staff meetings
- Improve systems and processes within the team to ensure it is running in the most efficient and effective way, develop new reports.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of date for Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of various period end, half year and year end reports for internal and group reporting
- Provide support for wider finance team during peak times and periods of high leave
Key competencies and experience:
You will be a commercially focused, newly qualified accountant or a finalist (ACCA/CIMA/ACA). You will be able to liaise and influence at all levels, you will possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to work using your initiative and prioritise work to meet deadlines. Ideally, you will have strong knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and experience of managing and motivating a team
Skills and behaviours:
You will have knowledge of statutory accounts and working as part of a multi-national group. You will also possess strong analytical and IT skills and the willingness to work as a team.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.