Junior Consultant - Carbon Management
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading independent global sustainability consultancy. Our vision is to create a world where everyone can live sustainably and our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. We combine energy, climate change and environmental expertise with powerful IT, knowledge management and economics capability to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing the world. We help policy makers understand complex issues and empower business leaders with award winning consultancy advice.
To deliver our vision, over the last 10 years, we have delivered projects that have shaped UK and international government policy to align with achieving Net Zero carbon emissions, reduced operation costs across the public and private sector through decarbonisation and delivered strategies for large scale carbon reduction in multiple industrial sectors. Our reputation for innovation, passion and integrity in the work we deliver means we are recognised as an organisation that provides high quality advice to our clients.
We know we can bring about positive sustainable change and are looking for someone equally driven to deliver our vision.
To be part of our carbon management consultancy – in particular our business delivering net zero, energy and carbon management strategies, regulatory compliance, and energy efficiency advice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate with relevant experience looking to enhance their skills further within a rewarding and fast paced environmental consultancy business.
You will have practical career experience and will demonstrate some of the following:
- Experience of working in an environmental or sustainability consultancy and/or in a corporate CSR team.
- Experience of sustainability and carbon management
- Experience of energy management and industrial energy efficiency
- Business development and client management skills
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement business improvement solutions
- Knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply change management techniques
- The ability to develop and deliver project plans and programmes from inception to completion
- Effective project management skills
You will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
- Experience in working within a consultancy business;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Strong PC literacy - especially in MS Excel and MS Word;
What We Offer You
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
We would consider applicants for this post on a full time or 4 day per week basis.