Ricardo Defense - Software Test Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense has an exciting career opportunity for a passionite Software Test Engineer to work on a team creating a software product suite for one of our DoD customers. This Software Test Engineer will ensure we clearly understand our customer requirements and verify solutions meet expectations while helping define automated tests for this product suite.
What You Will Do:
This Software Test Engineer will be responsible for the overall quality of a software product suite. This role performs software quality efforts and operates independently of the software engineering group to ensure impartial evaluation of work products. The Software Test Engineer works with the Lead who coordinates the testing activities, resources and personnel. The Software Test Engineer develops various test applications for continuous integration, build and test environments.
- Must be able to pass a United States Government background investigation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering science, computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Software product development experience that spans the entire development lifecycle
- Experience writing test plans and test descriptions following DoD practices
- Experience with automated test creation using tools such as TestComplete
- Takes initiative in identifying technical gaps, learning and applying new concepts
- Team player - Comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Familiarity with tools for tracking software defects such as Jira
- Problem solving, analysis, and debugging in a server environment
- Good communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter - assumes full responsibility for completion of assigned tasks
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology firm that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring together leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.