Ricardo Defense - Risk Analyst
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a full-time Risk Analyst, as a co-located matrix support member to our DoD customer located in Warren, MI. This Risk Analyst will be directly supporting The Office of Product Management for a major DoD program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and coordinate with cross-functional IPTs (Integrated Product Teams) to identify program risks (cost/schedule/performance)
- Act as a champion of risk management to assist IPTs in actively managing risks
- Interface with engineers to assess technical & performance risks and collaboratively identify risk likelihood and consequence
- Write risk assessments and upload data to PEO risk management tools & databases
- Collaborate with cross-functional IPTs to write initial risk mitigation plans
- Track all programmatic risks and maintain updated mitigation plans
- Re-assess risk and likelihood based on up-to date information from IPTs and PM leadership
- Regularly Brief PM leadership on the status of risks and their mitigations
- Some local and CONUS travel is to be expected
- Pro-actively identify and propose new risks as program events occur
- Follow up with IPTs on mitigation events and track mitigation step completion
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- Identifying Risks in the Defense Acquisition of major systems
- Knowledge of program and project management (cost/schedule/performance) to include planning, programming, engineering and risk management practices
- Candidate is expected to be able to perform in a high visibility position with regular communication with senior leaders
- Candidate is expected to have good communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work in a collaborative environment with Industry partners
- Candidate is expected to interact remotely and independently with other Government agencies in a distributed, multi-site fashion and multiple defense contractors
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, Government Security Clearance and maintain a clearance.
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.