Crisis Management Principal Consultant
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo is seeking a talented Principal Consultant with experience in crisis management/business continuity to develop, deliver and support further strong growth in this area of business. This person will work with our existing crisis management team and report to our Crisis Management Team Leader.
It is expected that this role will require a range of skills and various types of activities to deliver the objectives outlined above, including telemarketing, lead generation, visiting potential customers to promote our services (with / without sales resource as required). This opportunity is therefore ideal for someone looking to help continue to build a newer business offering within an existing and well-established organisation which has a strong track record in chemical emergency response and related consultancy more widely.
Support the growth of the crisis management business area as a proactive, engaging, sales focused delivery consultant
Deliver Crisis Management and business continuity (BC) consultancy including, but not limited to; review of Crisis & BC plans, training, audits, creation of scenarios and exercises, crisis and incident response support
Establish and maintain relationships with new customers
Contribute to identifying new offerings, designing and undertaking marketing campaigns, etc. alongside existing resource
Experienced in developing and delivering high quality crisis management training and exercising programs
Maintain Ricardo’s premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
Key competencies and experience:
- A strong track record in identification, sale and delivery of a range of consultancy projects to both public and private sector customers
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Crisis or Business Continuity Management
- Experienced as a crisis management practitioner, both in the preparation and response to major crises and incidents
- Professional Qualification in Crisis or Business Continuity Management
- Proven project management and organizational skills.
- Commercial awareness in prospective, qualifying, scoping, pricing and approving consultancy projects to maximise profitability.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to support with the growth and development of a new business area
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong technical skills to deliver consultancy work for customers
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example to junior team members
- Strong presenting style
- Expert communication, team working and interpersonal skills – strong emotional intelligence.
- Team Player
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.