Principal / Associate Director Air Quality Impact Assessment
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, Flexible, Glasgow, Home based, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Title: Principal / Associate Director - Air Quality Impact Assessment
Salary: £44,000 - £81,000 ( depending on experience)
Location: Bristol, Glasgow, London, Harwell (Oxfodshire),Manchester, Home-working
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally leading sustainability consultancy combining air quality, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award-winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking to further strengthen our Air Quality team, the leading provider of air quality services to the UK’s public and private sector, by appointing an experienced air quality consultant to make a leading contribution to our growth across the business, including but not limited to the area of air quality impact assessment for planned development, support to UK local authorities and within our range of projects in the Middle East and Asia.
Our team supports major projects for UK Government including the UK’s National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI), the national Modelling of Ambient Air Quality (MAAQ) and the UK’s national air quality measurement network (AURN). We are a lead contractor for the European Commission on air quality and emissions policy and we support a range of private sector projects on infrastructure planning and development.
You would be joining Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Air Quality Modelling and Emission Inventories team of 50 consultants.
You should have a strong track record of supporting planners and developers with air quality impact assessment, and supporting local authorities with local air quality management.
You should have the ability to interact with air quality professionals including policymakers at national and international level.
You will work closely with colleagues in the London, Harwell, Glasgow, and Manchester offices to deliver high-quality solutions on a range of projects including characterising the impacts of policy on air pollution levels, developing and modelling scenarios to support planned development and infrastructure projects, and making use of data to support decision making.
We are looking for a technical consultant and business leader, with a proven track record, to help lead, shape and grow our business in the UK and internationally. You are likely to be a respected member of the air quality scientific community with:
- the ability to contribute to our business development working with colleagues to build relationships with key clients, identify and develop new opportunities, write proposals and secure new wins.
- extensive track record of delivering air quality assessment consultancy projects;
- deep knowledge of the technical aspects of air quality modelling and regulatory regime of air quality and planning policy;
- an extensive network of relevant contacts in the environment sector.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel and work with stakeholders in cities facing some of the most challenging air pollution issues in the world.
We welcome applications from those with relevant international work experience.
Applicants will have a solid understanding of international air quality policy and legislation. You will work across the air quality, planning, transport and climate change spectrum seeking out and helping to secure new business opportunities, grow our team and track market developments.
You will be able to engage with a wide range of clients, leveraging your existing network and reputation and Ricardo’s capabilities and expertise.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in an environmental consultancy, with a firm grasp of air quality and climate challenges
- A proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business is also a key requirement
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and/or exceptional and demonstratable track record
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
What We Offer You
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications before the closing date.