Associate Director/Principal Consultant - Air Quality Modelling
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, Flexible, Glasgow, Home based, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Associate Director / Principal Consultant - Air Quality Modelling
Salary: circa £45-65,000 per annum
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally leading sustainability consultancy combining air quality, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking to further strengthen our Air Quality team, the leading provider of air quality services to the UK’s public and private sector, by appointing an experienced air quality consultant to make a leading contribution to our growth across the business, including but not limited to the area of national compliance assessment, support to UK cities and within our exciting range of projects in the Middle East and Asia.
Our current team already supports major projects for Governments including the UK’s National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory, the annual national scale air quality modelling assessment and the UK’s national air quality measurement network (AURN). Our team includes knowledge leaders on air quality measurement, inventory development, modelling, exposure assessment, chemical modelling, public health impacts, information management and data visualisation. We are one of Europe’s leading consultancies supporting national Governments, the European Commission and international bodies such as the Asian Development Bank and the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development in the development, implementation and appraisal of air quality policy.
We have a team of over 300 environmental consultants, covering impacts to air quality, ecology, hydrogeology, transport, energy, climate change as well as the economic and social impacts of development. We work with strategic planning and infrastructure colleagues, servicing markets in the UK and internationally.
We are now looking for someone to contribute to the further growth of this market for us, working with and building on our existing track record and our delivery teams. We are looking for a technical consultant and business leader, with a proven track record, to help lead, shape and grow our business in the UK and internationally. You are likely to be an experienced air quality consultant with:
- the ability to contribute to our business development working with colleagues to build relationships with key clients, identify and develop new opportunities, write proposals and secure new wins.
- extensive track record of delivering air quality assessment consultancy projects;
- deep knowledge of the technical aspects of air quality modelling and regulatory regime of air quality policy;
- an extensive network of relevant contacts in the environment sector.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel and work with stakeholders in cities facing some of the most challenging air pollution issues in the world.
We welcome applications from those with relevant international work experience.
Applicants will have a solid understanding of international air quality policy and legislation (for example, WHO policy; funding agency policies; air quality policies, standards and regulations in relevant countries).
Applicants will also have robust experience in air quality modelling at different scales, preferably used to inform policy.
Ideally, you will have experience in developing opportunities, building relationships and leading/working on proposals and projects for international clients including international development banks and agencies, NGOs, and national governments.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in an environmental consultancy, with a firm grasp of air quality and climate challenges
- A proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business is also a key requirement
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and/or exceptional and demonstratable track record
- Extensive knowledge and experience of air quality modelling is essential including GIS
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
What We Offer You
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.